Friday, March 11, 2011

Book Blogger Hop: 3/11-3/14 - (Book) Shopping


Who doesn’t love shopping??! When I saw this week’s theme was on Books and Shopping , I had to (s)hop along. The blogging book party is brought to you each weekend by Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books.

 
In the spirit of the Twitter Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our love of the written word!  This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books!  It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs to read!  The Hop lasts Friday-Monday every week, so if you don't have time to Hop today, come back later and join the fun!  This is a weekly event!  And stop back throughout the weekend to see all the new blogs that are added!  

This week's question comes from Ellie who blogs at Musings of a Bookshop Girl:
 "If I gave you £50 (or $80) and sent you into a bookshop right now, what would be in your basket when you finally staggered to the till?"


I Heart Hollywood by Lindsey Kelk (2009)
Celebs, sunshine and beautiful boys...enough to lead a girl astray? Angela Clark can't believe her luck! she's an English girl living in New York with a dream job at hip magazine The Look and a sexy boyfriend. Her latest assignment takes her to Hollywood to interview hot actor and fellow Brit James Jacobs.Thrown in at the deep end she heads west with best friend Jenny dreaming of Rodeo Drive and Malibu beach. Soon Angela discovers that celebrity life in Hollywood is not all glamour, gloss and sunshine. Despite his lady-killer reputation, the only person who seems genuine is James. Then a paparazzi snaps them in an uncompromising position and suddenly Angela is thrust into the spotlight for all the wrong reasons! Can she convince all those close to her -- especially her boss and her boyfriend -- not to believe everything they read? And will Hollywood ever win Angela's heart?


I Heart Paris by Lindsey Kelk (2010)
Angela is in the city of love -- but romance is taking a nose-dive! When Angela Clark's boyfriend Alex suggests a trip to Paris at the same time as hip fashion mag Belle asks her to write a piece, she jumps at the chance. But even as she's falling for the joie de vivre of Paris, someone's conspiring to sabotage her big break. And when she spots Alex having a tete-a-tete with his ex in a local bar, Angela's dreams of Parisian passion all start crashing down around her. With London and her old life only a train journey away, Angela can't decide if should stay and face the music or run away home!


Absolutely, Positively by Heather Webber (2011)
Exposed” by a Boston Herald reporter, Lucy is suddenly the talk of the town. Long back-story short: Even though the rest of her Valentine ancestors were blessed by Cupid with psychic abilities, Lucy’s only special power lies in her ability to find things. This skill has proven quite a blessing for those who come to her matchmaking agency in search of finding their long-lost loves. Now that Lucy’s secret is out, she has more new clients than she knows what to do with. But soon a certain man of mystery steals Lucy’s spotlight…No, it’s not Sean Donahue, the sexy fireman-turned-private-eye who’s stolen Lucy’s heart. It’s a masked man in a cowboy hat, dubbed “The Lone Ranger,” who’s been throwing handfuls of cash across the Common. Now all of Beantown’s abuzz. Can Lucy unmask the mysterious money man, track down all her clients’ old flames, and turn up the heat on her love life? Absolutely, positively…


Faking It by Lotte Daley (2011) (debut!)
'It's not you, it's me'. That's the cowardly text message that Katie receives from Jack, her actor boyfriend of three years, when he dumps her. And things go from bad to worse when photos of Jack canoodling with a famous size-zero actress are splashed across every gossip magazine and tabloid soon after. Just how much humiliation can a girl take?





Save as Draft by Cavanaugh Lee (2011) (debut!)

SAVE AS DRAFT @Readers A love triangle evolving over e-mails, texts, and Facebook messages that makes you wonder if the things we leave unsaid—or rather unsent—could change the story of our lives.
6:59 PM Feb. 14th via twitterfeed
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2011
From: Izabell
To: Reader
Subject: Save as Draft
Are we Facebook friends yet? I’m the wactress (waitress/actress) turned lawyer who lives her life online. (Don’t we all these days?)
Anyway, I’ve got this problem. . . . There’s this guy. His name’s Peter. He’s my best friend and co-worker, and we just started dating, which is potentially a huge mistake. But, that’s not all. There’s this other guy, Marty. I met him on eHarm, and he ran with the bulls in Spain. I can’t get him off my mind. What a mess. I’d love your advice if you can take a second out of your crazy, high-tech life. Shoot me an e-mail. Or text me. Or BB messenger me.
And friend me if you haven’t already! You can find me on Facebook under Save as Draft.
Izabell


Thanks for hopping by and leave a link so I can return the visit.


6 comments:

  1. Hey,
    I'm a new follower via the hop! Feel free to check out my blog @ The moodyteenager.blogspot.com
    Have a great weekend!
    P.S I love your theme :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our online book store provides books and CDs on direct tax law, commercial law, labour law, business law, corporate law, banking and other laws. We have a number of books for professionals, teachers, students, advocates and companies. You will be fully satisfied after buying books from our online bookstore, and can suggest friends, family members as well as colleagues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great titles there :)

    Save as draft is on my wishlist but not top.
    I will have to get this from US as no release in UK yet

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howard - LOL! If that makes you a voyeur, then that makes two of us!! I partially look at other's baskets to see if I missed anything (I can never have enough books - it's such a sickness:)) And partially jsut that old curiosity factor, like "Gee I wonder what kind of books THAT perosn reads." Okay, I might be sicker than others! haha Thanks so much for sharing with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Moody C - I always apppreciate the compliments - It always takes me forever to decide on patterns, pictures, etc etc...I think it's why I always take so long to write posts...and then I alwasy second guess myself so knowing you like, it, means so much!

    Carol - there's always Amazon!! It's so funny - I'm always so jealous cuase I feel like all the books I wanna read are only available in the UK - in fact both the Lindsey Kelk books on my list still aren't in the US...only her first one I Heart NY - this question was about imagining though right? A girl can dream....

    Thanks all! Can't wait to hop next week. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I remember correctly, Jay's Journal is about a boy who gets mixed up in the wrong croud by joining an occult and etc. It looks like a crazt story though, ^.^
    And I feel the EXACT SAME WAY when it comes to themes. I spent many hours on a new theme only to find out it looks like another blogger's, so I had to change it.

    ReplyDelete